Check out the steps from WebsiteMagazine.com, February 2010, “Building and Maintaining an Online Brand”:
Phase One -> Create a Brand
Step One: Identify the brand.
Step Two: Find the values.
Step Three: Identify the benefits.
Step Four: Establish.
Step Five: Create a slogan.
Step Six: Develop artistic appearance of the brand.
Phase Two -> Maintaining Your Brand
Questions to ask yourself:
- Is your color scheme or logo unique?
- Do you have a competitor or another company that might be confused with?
- How consistent is the branding throughout all marketing channels?
- How memorable is your “Look” and it is in line for your business?
- Is your brand clear and understandable and presented?
- Is your brand honest and truthful, making genuine representations with promises of brand?
- Is your material (such as the product literature or advertising of web or print) professional, yet personal and express the values and benefits of the brand?
So where are you at? Do you need to step back and go through Phase One? How are you doing with Phase Two questions?
Keep me updated!