I have just fell in love with iTunes after watching “The Voice” on NBC. It was fun to watch each person sign a song that they had a passion for which wanted me to be able to listen to it over and over. By the end of the selection process of whom became “The Voice” I was a subscriber to iTunes and purchased several songs that were from “The Voice”.
Since then I have been adding more music from CDs I had sitting around and purchased a few more songs here and there. Thinking that since I am just getting into iTunes – you might have a teleclass or mp3 file as a podcast that you want to add to the iTunes directory. Let me show you the steps to get this completed today… Feedburner first, then iTunes!
- Do you have your RSS Feed setup already? Highly recommend Feedburner.Google.com
- You can enter your Blog URL and place a checkmark in the box for I am a podcaster! and select Next.
- Enter your Feed Title and Feed Address and select Next.
- Your Feed Address is what is important – it will be http://feeds.feedburner.com/the-feed-address-you-entered
- Example: http://feeds.feedburner.com/stacijansma (This is the feed you will share with others so they can subscribe!)
- Next you will want to have your Podcast information ready – Podcast image, Podcast subtitle, Podcast summary, Podcast search keywords, Podcast author email address.
- TIP: Once you have this setup – iTunes will automatically pull your future podcasts!
- Let’s go to iTunes. Do you have iTunes downloaded to your computer? If not – do that first.
- Once you have it downloaded – Open iTunes and locate the iTunes Store.
- Look to the left sidebar under STORE – click on iTunes Store.
- Next look for the upper navigation bar – Music – Movies – TV Shows – Audiobooks – Podcasts – click on Podcasts.
- In the right sidebar – locate “Submit a Podcast” under PODCAST QUICK LINKS and select it to begin the submission process of your podcast.
- Do you have your Feedburner URL ready? Enter the Feedburner URL (remember – my example was http://feeds.feedburner.com/stacijansma) – you will see all the podcast details you entered from Feedburner YEAH
- Next – select the category for your podcast and select Submit.
- Now you have to allow Apple up to 3 weeks to review your Podcast – they will let you know once it is accepted and published!